Windows 8.1 only
This is the first working version that actually works, it has no GUI whatsoever and it's experimental...
So if you want to try this out unzip the zip and put the Icons folder in C:\Windows\Resources.
Then Run Iconcustomizer.exe and you're ready to go!
Now open a cmd prompt as admin
and run the following command:cd %temp%\iconcustomizer
After that you can install the included elementary(mod) theme with the following command:install elementary
To restore the default icons run the following command:restore
You can also create your own icon theme by making a new folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Icons, Make sure the folder name has no spaces
After that you can copy your icon files inside the folder and apply your icons with:install youriconsfolder
Your icon pack does not need to include all icons you can also include just even one or two icons.
The program does not change the live folder icons yet, I'm working on it.
I hope it works fine and if someone is interested in helping me to bring this to the next level I would appreciate it.
Below you can see a overview of supported icons and the corresponding .ico files:
- Explorer icon (explorer.ico)
- Folder icons (folder.ico, folder-back.ico, folder-front.ico)
- Windows harddrive (hdd-win.ico)
- Hard drives (hdd.ico)
- Optical drives (optical.ico)
- USB drives (usb.ico)
- Computer (computer.ico)
- User folder (user.ico)
- Trash (trash-full.ico, trash-empty.ico)
- Network (network.ico)
- Documents Library (library-documents.ico)*
- Music Library (library-documents.ico)*
- Pictures Library (library-documents.ico)*
- Videos Library (library-videos.ico)*
- New Library (library-new.ico)
- Documents (documents.ico)
- Music (music.ico)
- Pictures (pictures.ico)
- Videos (videos.ico)
- Downloads (downloads.ico)
- Contact (contact.ico)
- Desktop (desktop.ico)
- Searches (searches.ico)
- Saved Games (saved games.ico)
- One Drive (onedrive.ico)
- Sky drive (skydrive.ico)
- Favorites (favorites.ico)**
- Links (links.ico)
*Library icons falls back to normal icons when not present as example: if library-documents.ico does not exist it will use documents.ico
**Keep in mind it's favorites.ico and not favourites.ico